I gave Tumblr a go since it’s super duper easy but I guess it’s just a little bit too easy.
Some things that made me leave tumblr:
- Bogus search results. Searching for “css” on tumblr: 0 results. Searching through the same, imported, posts on posterous: 4 results. It’s really broken.
- Very limited browsability. On tumblr, you can not browse posts through tags, in fact, you can’t see a list of all tags used.
Some things I will miss:
- The admin GUI, clean and optimized for quick publishing. This actually concerns all of the tumblr UI, great work
- The bookmarklet, it’s great
- Getting an email response for each support question after a couple of hours tops (still waiting for a couple of responses @ posterous)
- The themes
- A pure markdown setting
… hopefully I’ll be staying at posterous for a while, otherwise I guess it’s wordpress’ turn.